Our coalition is made up of over 300 national and state organizations representing over 50 million Americans. We are here to make sure that real people's voices are heard. We stand united behind seven commonsense principles.
Contact us at [email protected]
Social Security Works
815 16th St NW Fourth Floor
Washington, DC 20006
1) Social Security did not cause the federal deficit; its benefits should not be cut to reduce the deficit.
2) Social Security should not be privatized in whole or in part.
3) Social Security should not be means-tested.
4) Congress should act in the coming few years to close Social Security’s funding gap by requiring those who are most able to afford it to pay somewhat more.
5) Social Security’s retirement age, already scheduled to increase from 65 to 67, should not be raised further.
6) Social Security’s benefits should not be reduced, including by changes to the COLA or the benefit formula.
7) Social Security’s benefits should be increased for those who are most disadvantaged.
See the rest of our Coalition here
Learn more about our convening organization Social Security Works here
For Media Inquiries please contact Lacy Crawford at [email protected]